In addition to celebrating our wedding with us, we hope you’ll spend time enjoying the amenities of Shenandoah National Park. Stay a few days and relax, watch for birds (or bears, if that’s your thing), and go for a hike to see valleys, meadows, and waterfalls. Here are a few suggestions for enjoying your time in the Blue Ridge Mountains:
- Plan a hike near Skyland. The central area of the park offers a variety of easy, moderate, difficult, and kid-friendly trails.
- Go for a horseback or pony ride.
- Bring a hammock and enjoy one of the many quiet spots around the park, particularly near Skyline Drive overlooks where you’ll have grand views and a nice breeze to help you relax.
- Take advantage of the Skyland Shuttle, which offers excursions for wine and whisky tastings, as well as historical trips in and around the park.
- Enjoy Skyland. Inside the lodge are areas to relax, enjoy the views, and work on a puzzle or read your favorite book. A dining room, taproom, and grab-and-go food/coffee shop are on-site to provide food and beverages.